Sunday, February 24, 2013

home on the range

Hi all:

This is my first attempt at blogging, so go easy on me. I'm Paige, a 23 year old registered nurse who lives with her parents... I know what your thinking, how charmingly sad. I moved home two years ago so I could focus on nursing school and not burden my parents with the cost of living on my own. Skip to today, and I am looking to buy a house within the next 6-8 months. However, that doesn't stop me from collecting and/or hoarding (it's really such a fine line) furniture, decorations, junk, and the occasional garbage to one day furnish my own home. But where do I keep said treasures? In my parents garage, of course. 

My mom loves it. She scours through the dingiest of thrift stores and tirelessly hunts for hidden gems at garage sales on a weekly basis. My dad on the other hand, wonders which one of us is more insane. 

This blog will now chronicle the hunting, purchasing, and repurposing that occurs in this overly full household. I hope you enjoy it. If you don't have anything nice to say, keep it to yourself. Negativity doesn't bode well with me. I can't wait to share my secrets and amazing finds with you all. 

Until then, enjoy your life. 

Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment